Monday, December 9, 2013

The Big "O-NO-NOT-AGAIN": Struggling to make sense of orgasm

What if I told you, that orgasms were not the answer? 

Understand that you have been mistakenly educated in society to believe that consistent orgasms are good for your health, your sexual well-being, and the happiness of your relationships.  Turning your partner into an orgasm giver only makes you see them as your drug dealer- you become temperamental, and aggressive if things don't go according to plan.  Don't let yourself believe that the problem is you, when it is actually your sexual habits.

The specifics given by society for how to have healing sex are normally wrong.  Our culture teaches us to spice it up in the bedroom, make things more exciting, more novel, more steamy and passionate.

After researching Karezza, reading from Reuniting.info, and Reddit.com, I realize now that I do not want an orgasm, but just the pleasure, which usually comes from calm cuddling and tender touch- something else I became honest with my partner about.  This is much more biologically healing to our nervous systems than full-fledged exasperated sex. Exhaustion is not the same as relaxation.

Initially, sex was of course very new and my brain, I believe, became a chemical soup.  Unfortunately, the happy chemicals didn't last long, and I quite honestly felt desperate and depressed.  I was extremely worried and sad.. I felt that I had found the love of my life, and now because of these crazy emotions, I was going to lose him.  I didn't yet recognize how orgasm and other common sex choices, such as going too fast, and too much arousal and stimulation, was the cause of my physical and emotional distress.

Fortunately for me, my partner reassured me that I wasn't going to lose him- that his heart was in my hands.  What I still fear for a lot of couples is that many partners aren't as gracious, and don't know about Karezza as an option. 

More to come!... I mean, err, less coming.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment