Tuesday, October 22, 2013

This is what I need to tell my mom, among other things

Mom, I'm not a bucket for you to spew all of your thoughts into anytime you have emotions or thoughts that you need to share with someone.  You've done that all four years of my highschool when you drove me to school, and almost every time you talk with me on the phone now.  I will only speak with you through email, because if you cannot say something that is concise through an email, then it is something that is not urgently related to me.

I cannot be facebook friends with you because you look into my life with the intent.
You seek control over my experience by thinking about what I am doing.  No one calls someone 50 times in two weeks.  You've told me that you would like if I would call once a week, but your insistence that I answer the phone every time you call makes it seem like an emergency every time you call and leaves me no room to develop an actual relationship with you and no room for me to decide when to call you once a week.  This is controlling

It seems that the only reason that you want a relationship with me is to talk with me.  Everyone talks with eachother, but it is one-sided with you in that you do not want to listen to me.  If you want someone to listen unconditionally to you without you listening to them, then I suggest you see a counselor.  Everyone wants to be heard, but you do not return this listening and actually care to know about my lif


tbc

No comments:

Post a Comment